Thursday, September 29, 2011

Creativity

Growing up I always felt like such a creative kid.  I dreamt up poems, stories, ideas and pictures in my head of so many different things.  For whatever reason as time went on and I grew up I began to let go of some of that creativity.  So now I wonder is it all gone?  Did I let it go completely?
I see my son so curious so creative in his play and it makes me want that back in me.  So I have been trying different ways to express that creativity.  I started to sew, make little crafts here and there and most recently exploring painting.  What I am missing is that confidence in myself to believe that I am a creative soul.  I want to believe that my thoughts and ideas are still worthy of expressing in some kind of artistic form.  Even if they don't come out perfect.  I continue to have this longing to create and make something.  How do I find that confidence to create and do so without reservations and doubts as to what I am creating. 
How do you create?  Do you consider yourself a creative person?  How do you express that creativity?

No comments:

Post a Comment