Monday, September 19, 2011

The Joys of Jury Duty

I'm sitting here at the courthouse as a "perspective juror".  Most people can't stand jury duty.  After all it takes you away from all of the crazy we call work and out of your normal schedule.  For me, that's exactly why I like it.  It's a day where I can go, sit and read to my hearts content.  Yes, I know there are people who have lots of work to do (I'm one of them) and that there is that chance you may get called into a trial and be here for days, but I think for most of us we go sit, maybe get called up to a courtroom, get dismissed and off on our way we go. 
So why complain get all bent out of shape because you got a day off from all the hustle and bustle?  Instead enjoy the calm, chat with a few new people and hopefully get some reading done.  In other words look on the bright side.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. I haven't done jury duty for a few years, but last time I did, I took papers to grade and a book to read, and it was all good. Kind of a catch-up day. :)

    ReplyDelete