Monday, August 29, 2011

Dinner Time

I recognized today how wonderful it is to eat dinner at the table with my family.  As my husband Cruz, my son Nicholas and I sat eating our semi okay meal (butternut squash just didn't come out quite like I expected), I realized that we have every meal at our dining table.  We sit, we talk, we watch the boy drop food on the floor as he learns to use his fork, and we eat.  It is such a simple activity, but it brings me so much joy to do it every day. 
Sure there are the occasions when Cruz has to be out of town or come home late from work and we have to eat with out him, but if at all possible we are always together around the table. 
I hope with time that this is one thing that doesn't change and that we continue to gather for all of our meals to enjoy in my delicious (sometimes) cooking and for wonderful conversations and family moments.  Who knew such a simple piece of furniture would matter so much.
What are your dinner time rituals?  Is it maybe time you started some with your family or friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment